PDA

View Full Version : Callout Question

david.kingham
2004-10-28, 07:48 PM
We currently use a grid system on our sheets where the upper left corner is 1 and the lower right corner is 30, I was wondering if there is anyway possible (may be a wish for future versions) for the the number to coordinate with where the detail is located on the sheet, so if i plop a detail in the lower right corner it will automatically be number 30 and if i move one spot over it will change to 29 (crossing my fingers that this can be achieved now) Thanks guys

sfaust
2004-10-28, 08:34 PM
Unfortunately it can't be done now. My old office worked the same way. I really wasn't that tough to just change it (in fact no different than what you're doing now) but it would be nice to be able to do.

christo4robin
2004-10-28, 08:35 PM
By no means am I an expert, but from what I do know, this is not possible at this time. I don't think Revit is aware of spatial placement on a sheet. I think manual renumbering of details is what you'll have to do. Because Revit is always coordinated (callouts to details, sections, etc.) this is much easier than back in AutoCAD days.

J. Grouchy
2004-10-28, 08:44 PM
Potential wishlist item. It could be 'numbering zones' you place in the titleblock/annotation template that would govern how Revit assigns a number to a view when placed within that zone. It could be created like a scope box, defining a region and under the Properties dialog a View Number Parameter would override the automatic numbering that Revit usually assigns to a view.
I wonder how such a system would work in the overall set, however. For example, most Floor Plan or Elevation Sheets wouldn't necessarily work in this sort of system, so maybe a checkbox parameter in the titleblock properties would allow you to turn this function on or off.

adegnan
2004-10-29, 12:30 PM
Well we've been asking for better re-numbering for a while. We've discussed drawing a "line" from object to object, room to room, etc. in the order to be renumbered. IMO, this should be a "sketch" line where we can edit the progress we are making. Alternately, but less desirably, would be sequentially picking the order, but if you screw up then you need to start over. From that, it isn't such a stretch to imagine drawing a line for it to follow.