PDA

View Full Version : Wall Join Anomoly

narlee
2009-05-13, 02:21 PM
I start each project by using a recent project, delete elements and cleanup things. But, I re-use a lot of the previous wall types, etc.

If I make a wall corner, in my current projects, with a butt join and the outer layer negative extension, I cannot get the join to look correct, unless I do a miter join (see Wall Corner 1.jpg). If I do the same thing in a "new" (virgin) project, it works fine (see Wall Corner 2.jpg). If I cut & paste the walls from "new" project into my current project, the wall corner fails and now looks like Wall Corner 1. I cannot see any difference in settings, and would be wondering if it's a wall bug I've carried thru, but apparently it "infects" any wall I paste into my current projects.

This only occurs on outside corners. Has anyone had this problem?

twiceroadsfool
2009-05-13, 02:58 PM
I havent had a chance to play with the particular issue, but man... Thats got to be accumulating some baggage in those files.

Take the project that you keep using to do a Save as, and make a template out of it after getting everything cleaned up... Or start with a FRESH template and just transfer the standards that you want from that job.

sbrown
2009-05-13, 03:34 PM
Is there a room separation line at the corner? I've had this problem when there are other walls or room sep. at some height at the corner.

joel.196524
2009-05-13, 03:42 PM
I get this problem when I used Base extension or Top Extension offsets. Sometimes i get them to work when both wall extensions are the same.

narlee
2009-05-13, 05:09 PM
Is there a room separation line at the corner? I've had this problem when there are other walls or room sep. at some height at the corner.

No. I don't use that stuff.

narlee
2009-05-13, 05:12 PM
I get this problem when I used Base extension or Top Extension offsets. Sometimes i get them to work when both wall extensions are the same.

Both extensions are the same: 14" down (a "negative" extension) that I typically use for the exterior base-of-wall drop, of plywood sheathing and finish clapboard, on a typical house siding. I don't use the top extensions. I stopped using walls under (like Foundation walls), because Revit can't handle it without screwing up (as far as I can tell).

jspartz
2009-05-13, 06:14 PM
Yes, I had it happen in two files before, one was not that far along so I copied everything and pasted it into a new file (the error must not have been in an object that time). The other project was too far along, so I decided to look into the issue, experimenting with a copy of the file. I singled out the issue down to two walls. If they were deleted, then I did a Save As and opened the file it worked again.

narlee
2009-05-13, 08:02 PM
I don't think that's my problem, Jamie. I say that because I imported two perfectly fine walls out of a "new" (virgin) project, and they became corrupted upon entering my typical "legacy" drawing. I think I'll just have to start a new drawing template (uhg, I'm too lazy!).

twiceroadsfool
2009-05-13, 08:16 PM
Out of curiousity... How many warnings are in that Legacy project? Under Settings > Review warnings.

Ive seen a large number of warnings totally reign He*l on Wall joins... Makes the file slow down to a creep, too.

narlee
2009-05-14, 03:25 AM
I've never looked at that. Only about 700 warnings...is that bad?:). Haha. That's a job with dozens of Design options, and I don't clean stuff up yet.

But, the job that I took the examples from has only 1 warning.

btw, it's under Tools.

patricks
2009-05-14, 12:39 PM
This is a bug, been around for years. This always happens to me when I try to extend the brick down below the finish floor to the footing elevation. Very annoying, especially when you have 2 different wall types at a corner, so there is no possible way to get it to clean up correctly.

narlee
2009-05-14, 12:43 PM
But, since it didn't happent in my "new" (virgin) project, I'm wondering...

patricks
2009-05-14, 01:00 PM
It typically will start out fine when I make wall base extensions, then at some point it will mess up. I'm not sure what triggers the problem.

I posted about the very same problem 3 1/2 years ago back on version 8.1.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=30544