PDA

View Full Version : Revit Materials - inconsistent appearance

kristinewander
2009-05-13, 03:44 PM
I'm having trouble making a revit material appear the same on walls that it does when assigned to ceilings. I assigned the same material to the gypsum walls and ceilings in my model, but the surface pattern prints darker on the ceilings than it does on the walls.

Here's what I've done so far:
-I assigned the same material (not just the same fill pattern) to walls and ceilings
-Used a drafting fill for the surface pattern to avoid scale issues (and the RCP's and interior elevations are at the same scale anyway)
-Checked visibility graphics overrides for walls in int. elev. and ceilings in RCP - everything seems to be the same
-Checked object styles for color and line weight differences between ceilings and walls- again, seems fine, although the subcategories of walls and ceilings are slightly different, so it wasn't a perfect comparison...

Please let me know if anyone has ideas

sbrown
2009-05-13, 03:53 PM
This is as designed. Take a look at a room with ceiling painted the same color as the wall. the ceiling will always be darker because less light hits it. So if you want a lighter ceiling you have to either make a brighter material(what I recomment) or uplight the ceiling.

We have yellow soffits in the room I'm in right now and the vertical surface is yellow and the horizontal looks greyish. Your eye knows its the same color and tells your brain its yellow, but if you were to take a photo and open in photoshop you could pick on the colors and see how diff they are.