PDA

View Full Version : Curved Truss

nacosta
2009-05-13, 07:24 PM
I am using Revit 09 and am trying to create a curved truss and am having trouble. It seems I can only create a straight truss. Can any one help?

Thanks,
Nicholas

CADMama
2009-05-13, 08:23 PM
I am using Revit 09 and am trying to create a curved truss and am having trouble. It seems I can only create a straight truss. Can any one help?

Thanks,
Nicholas

Are you creating it using a family template? I can do any shaped extrusion using the "Structural Framing - Complex and Trusses.rft" family template.

nacosta
2009-05-13, 09:02 PM
I have not tried creating it from a family. I have little experiance in creating familys. Also I'm not sure of the exact curvature of the roof yet so does that mean i need to edit and change the truss family everytime i change the curve of the slope?

jsteinhauer
2009-05-13, 09:37 PM
I have not tried creating it from a family. I have little experiance in creating familys. Also I'm not sure of the exact curvature of the roof yet so does that mean i need to edit and change the truss family everytime i change the curve of the slope?

I created truss families to help me relate the sectional information of the building to the fabricator. I cut a section of the building, then traced what the profile of the truss should be. I then started a Generic Family. Then start a solid sweep. Create your path in plan, then go to your profile. Copy the line work in from your section. Finish Sweep and there is your truss. Insert it into your project and then you can array or copy as much as you want. This is much better then creating an in-place family. Probably not the best way to do it, but this is what worked for me & my project.

Is there a why to run structural calculations on a truss if you don't have RS?

Hope this helps,

Jeff S.