PDA

View Full Version : break line in drafting view

speedfreak5150
2009-05-14, 02:39 AM
How can i make drafting break lines for detail in a drafting view?

Andre Carvalho
2009-05-14, 03:07 AM
Load the break line component (if not loaded you can find it under Detail components\01-General folder) and place the component when in a drafting view.

Andre Carvalho

aaronrumple
2009-05-14, 03:51 PM
....when in a drafting view.

Andre Carvalho

...and works in model views too.

patricks
2009-05-14, 04:25 PM
...and works in model views too.

...you just have to adjust the break line size quite a bit in model views, because the default zig-zag size will be extremely small in a model view.

annl
2009-05-14, 10:38 PM
The problem with this solution is that the break line will not scale with the detail scale, so it does not look consistent on the detail sheets. We can make "types" for each scale, but this is not ideal.

Has any one ever solved this? Break line should behave like all annotation features and scale with the view. Shouldn't it?

Just wondering if I am missing an obvious solution. I go looking for a better way every couple of months.

Scott Womack
2009-05-15, 11:06 AM
Has any one ever solved this? Break line should behave like all annotation features and scale with the view. Shouldn't it?

Just wondering if I am missing an obvious solution. I go looking for a better way every couple of months.

The break line is a detail component, not an annotation. As such it will not scale, just as a detail door jamb does not scale. To ge it to scale, you'd need to make it out of a generic annotation family. Not sure what funtionality would be lost this way. The item would then "scale, but not the distace it is placed from something, etc.

annl
2009-05-15, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the reply. That's exactly how we do it. It is just awkward to have the length as a type variable. Ideally we would have the best of both worlds. The length would be determined point to point on the detail view and it would scale with the view.

What we need is a Generic Line Based Annotation family.