PDA

View Full Version : RPC 3 support?? Cars not loading...

christopher.zoog51272
2004-10-29, 02:21 AM
Earlier today I tried to make a new RPC family using one of our RPC cars, but Revit returned error stating unsupported file type? The cars are RPC 3 no? Our 2.5d motion people come in fine, but the cars are throwing errors, am I using the wrong family type?

thanks,
Chris

hdjohnson
2004-10-29, 03:45 AM
I was able to open up and use the Parking Lot cars and I think they are the 3D content. Does the VW bug that comes with Revit 7.0 load?

You mention that you're able to bring in the 2.5D motion people. Does 7.0 support their movements?

christopher.zoog51272
2004-10-29, 12:57 PM
Ok,

This is wierd it works but only if I modify the Beetle file and do a save as, and even then some time the RPC properties dialog doesn't come up.

They are also rendering a bit wierd, but that could be me, I've used them in the revit/ar3 environment. I noticed the speed controls are there, does that me this puppies will animate in side of revit?

hd,

I have tried anmating a secen yet, when I do, I'll let you knwo.

anyway, La Rons' got a kickn' new ride ;)

Z.

hdjohnson
2004-10-29, 03:24 PM
Chris,

I was able to open the RPC family template, import a generic dwg car model, and then assign a RPC car to it. I then loaded it into a new project and it worked fine. It's weird that you're not able to get it to work.

SkiSouth
2004-10-29, 06:06 PM
czoog - cool 1000 posts...

Phil Palmer
2004-11-09, 12:34 PM
Just started to look at the RPC cars etc.
For some reason the RPC cars do not handle the same way as they do in Viz and MAX.

I have also found that they render very strange unless I make sure I check the box for Cast reflections etc. in the RPC properties dialogue.

The RPC libraries have some basic 3d geometry within the RPC files and
Viz and MX respect this geometry BUT Revit doesn't.

This means for example I will have to create some form of 3d geometry for ALL my RPC libraries to use them inside of Revit - Its a Pain !
Especially considering we have Tons of RPC content.

Can Revit not use this geometry ?

PeterJ
2004-11-09, 01:52 PM
Easiest way I can think of around this, Phil, would be to simply rceate a custom RPC content family template that had a block or two in it and use that. A little quicker than creating geometry each time, but you are right, it is annoying.

trent59822
2004-11-09, 01:54 PM
I messed around with the rpc motion sample people, but when I try to edit the attributes revit crashes each time I do this. I have not seen any motion capabilities for cars only license plates and transparency of glass. What am I missing?

Trent