PDA

View Full Version : revision, schedules, labels, titleblocks

btrusty
2009-05-15, 07:23 PM
so typically, we will just put the revision schedule on our typical titleblock
and when we put a revision on a sheet, the revision info will show up on the typical titleblock

we also have another titleblock that is a design/build; so we cant change their titleblock
there are 3 lines rather than 1 line between revision information on the titleblock
therefore i cant use the standard revision schedule (as every 1 or 2 revisions are behind the horizontal lines), if this isnt clear, i can upload an image if this is unclear.

i was hoping that i could resolve this by doing labels in the spaces (as we do with print date/description) but, unlike the print schedule, there doesnt seem to be a shared parameter for revision schedule

is this possible?

i have googled it, but couldnt find much of any help.

thanks,

btrusty
2009-05-18, 01:20 PM
no one ever try to work with revisions and titleblocks in this way?

or already have something else that works better?

SCShell
2009-05-18, 01:51 PM
Hey there,

If I understand correctly, it sounds like you could set up two separate title block families. One with the standard Revision Schedule and the other with just some drafted lines and labels so that you are able to write in the dates rather than trying to modify the Revision Schedule to get it to fill in automatically.

I don't know if that helped, but that is my approach to Revit sometimes when I am running into a wall. I use it the way they intended and then come up with a work-around do things which I want which may not be traditional or the way Revit wants to do it naturally.

Best help I can offer you.
Steve