PDA

View Full Version : Feedback to Autodesk Seek

1N.
2009-04-23, 02:55 PM
I just saw today that Autodesk is also providing e-mail where you can send request of
what you want to see on SEEK (what type content, specifiec manufacturer, etc…good to know)

seek.designers@autodesk.com

I expect lot more from Trane, Carrier is not in the picture yet, AAON nothing too.
Q-mark, Baltimore, Evapco, ALFA Laval, Vibro Acoustic, Broan, Captive Aire,
Bell& Gosset( I expected they’ll try to be in the top of the wave-nothing yet) Lakos, Rittling, Brash, Markel, AO Smith, Bradford White, Smith, Titus(I need all the diffusers and grills)…the list is endless

Misteracad
2009-04-24, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the links. Regarding the additional manufacturers, I'm not holding my breath for Carrier to get onboard...they didn't even see the value of providing a 2-way street for their gbXML content to be used with AME. I've had some private discussions with them and it would seem they've missed the boat, which is unfortunate since most of our engineers prefer their stuff!

Steve_Stafford
2009-04-25, 03:20 AM
...I've had some private discussions with them and it would seem they've missed the boat, which is unfortunate since most of our engineers prefer their stuff!...Well some of them are still working in the frozen tundra of Syracuse, NY? Maybe they need to thaw out a bit? :smile:

JoelLondenberg
2009-04-25, 07:02 PM
...I'm not holding my breath for Carrier to get onboard...

Holding your breath is probably not a good idea, but I've heard rumors that it won't be too much longer.

sgermano
2009-05-14, 04:38 PM
I just saw today that Autodesk is also providing e-mail where you can send request of
what you want to see on SEEK (what type content, specifiec manufacturer, etc…good to know)

seek.designers@autodesk.com

I expect lot more from Trane, Carrier is not in the picture yet, AAON nothing too.
Q-mark, Baltimore, Evapco, ALFA Laval, Vibro Acoustic, Broan, Captive Aire,
Bell& Gosset( I expected they’ll try to be in the top of the wave-nothing yet) Lakos, Rittling, Brash, Markel, AO Smith, Bradford White, Smith, Titus(I need all the diffusers and grills)…the list is endless

I know Aaon is currently working on this, but it will take some time. I have talked to their programmer about this and he is starting the task, which is good news for us end users :)

1N.
2009-05-29, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the links. Regarding the additional manufacturers, I'm not holding my breath for Carrier to get onboard...they didn't even see the value of providing a 2-way street for their gbXML content to be used with AME. I've had some private discussions with them and it would seem they've missed the boat, which is unfortunate since most of our engineers prefer their stuff!

hold your breath....see attached...

Misteracad
2009-05-29, 08:24 PM
hold your breath....see attached...
Interesting. So I wonder how many customers are being approached with these questions? I seem to remember similar types of things being asked of us directly when we approached them about two-way gbXML data for use in AutoCAD MEP, but nothing ever came of it.

1N.
2009-05-29, 09:00 PM
I assume that they just bother to ask engineers that are working with Revit already.
My rep knows because I already showed him few Carrier RTU's that I created for one of my projects.
Feel free to respond if you care I will make sure to forward any info to him. Whatever it takes to get better content. Did you see they call them 3D CAD models..I was like oh noooo.... not sure what kind of conversion they can do from PRO/E but I hope that I am not going to see linked 3D cad objects because that will be not cool...so yeah not holding breath, but hopefully they do their homework right.

Scott D Davis
2009-05-29, 11:32 PM
See now if they used Inventor instead of Pro-E, it would be as easy as an ADSK export from Inventor.

Liamnacuac
2009-06-16, 05:40 PM
You know I have pretty good luck lately finding content for our office. I've been downloading it and putting it in a network location for everyone.
Today I was trying to download Sloan's flushometer toilets (or at one or two that I know we use often), but I didn't have much luck. Shame. I guess maybe I'll try again some other day.:(