PDA

View Full Version : Export with viewport border hidden

dpasa
2009-05-18, 07:53 AM
When I export sheets ->DWG, I always see the viewport borders... Is there a way to hide this from Revit? A setting or a view property?
I always have to open the DWGs and freeze that layer before I send the files

Scott Womack
2009-05-18, 10:21 AM
When I export sheets ->DWG, I always see the viewport borders... Is there a way to hide this from Revit? A setting or a view property?
I always have to open the DWGs and freeze that layer before I send the files

Are you trying to send info to consultants? What are the DWG's being generated for? For our consultants, I have specific views set up, that only show the information I want them to have as backgrounds. For the Roof Plan, where they want to see everything including notes, I generated a Dependent view, named as a background, and that gets generated, but since it is not on a sheet, there is no titleblock to deal with.

dpasa
2009-05-18, 12:56 PM
Thanks, it is not very important, I just wanted to know if it's possible.

gordolake
2011-10-14, 04:36 AM
Hi, Further to this issue, can I have the view go to a layer in the DWG like defpoints where it wont print. I can't find a reference to views in the exportlayers dialogue.

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-10-14, 05:03 AM
Check under the export settings. The Viewports category is what you're looking for. You can change the default settings and have them assigned to the DEFPOINTS layer.

gordolake
2011-10-16, 10:25 PM
Thanks Dimitri,
Yes I can see the entry there and I have changed it to defpoints, looks like there maybe some error in my export layers.txt as it will put them on layer 0, I will do some house keeping on it and see if that resolves the issue. I may just start with the RAC2012 file and rework it. I notice there are a lot of extraneous entries relating to imported categories and categories in families in my file too, its from revit7 or 8.

james.klatt
2013-03-11, 05:19 PM
Has anyone noticed on the export to CAD the extension line in the view title goes on the same layer as the viewports(A-ANNO-NPLT). Which is perfect for the viewports so they don't plot, but that extension line needs to print. I can't figure out a way to isolate it. Anyone run into this or have any ideas?

dhurtubise
2013-03-12, 11:41 AM
You cant control the AutoCAD layer status from within the Revit export. On the other hand it's pretty easy to fix in AutoCAD by using layer states.
But about the Line you cant do anything unfortunately within Revit.
On the other hand you could use the API to find the viewport and switch the layer automatically. Thats not every hard

james.klatt
2013-03-12, 04:41 PM
I will check out the API... Never got into that before. I am unable to do it in the Revit export currently because it gets lumped in the same category as the viewport window, which I want to be on a no plot layer. Also, layer states I don't know if that would work either because again it comes in on the same layer as the viewport window which I don't want to print.