PDA

View Full Version : Arch-Block walls indicated on Structural plans

brenehan
2009-05-18, 12:30 PM
Our structural engineer wants to display the location of our Architectural block walls on one of their structural plans, with the wall location being a dashed line. Currently we have the setup with the Engineer is copy / monitoring our walls that are being used as structural walls (ie stair core and lift core concrete wall).
Does anyone know a nice easy way for the Engineer to use our Architectural model to display block walls on their drawings?
The only reasonable idea I have come up with so far is for us to create plan views using filters to display only block walls with a dashed line. In the Engineers file they change their view discipline to coordination and set the Arch Revit link to display the view we have set up. Ie to show the block walls with dashed lines.
I know we could do this by the Engineer copy / monitoring our block walls, but we don’t need to do that kind of coordination. It would seem far more work than necessary and the copy / monitor being used on unnecessary items is just using up extra processing and RAM.
Do any of you have any better ideas?
Thanks
Brian

brenehan
2009-05-20, 09:30 AM
Hi
I guess no one has some across something like this before?

Thanks
Brian

m20roxxers
2009-05-20, 10:12 AM
I think view filters on the link will work fine.

If all they want is some dashed wall drawings maybe you could create the view for them in your file then in their view they can apply "linked view" with your setup and they overlay it on their sheet that way it co-ordinates straight away.

Ofcourse if they want to see it in their view for working rather then just on a sheet, you could make them bearing and then turn off the analytical model to prevent any issues with analysis? Still would require a filter of some sort though I imagine.

How manay walls are we talking about? If it is onlhy one or 2 then copy/monitor wouldn't matter though I think if it was only that you wouldn't be on the forums :)

scott.neumann
2009-05-20, 12:30 PM
In the element properties of the wall change the Structural Usage to "Structural Combined". Your engineer should be able to see your walls and use filters to change the appearance of them.

brenehan
2009-05-20, 10:58 PM
Thanks guys.
I had been thinking along those lines.
There is quite a block walls, so it doesn't need to be monitored, it's better we don't.

Thanks again.

Brian