PDA

View Full Version : Control dims and lines

dpasa
2009-05-18, 01:01 PM
I often use dimensions with no line... To do this I use white color for the lines...But when I export to ACAD, the lines appear again and they are not in a seperate layer... Any tips?

greg.mcdowell
2009-05-18, 06:33 PM
Did you try changing the Export settings to either "overwrides BYENITITY" or "new layers for overrides"? Not without it's own problems but should work.

dpasa
2009-05-18, 07:49 PM
Did you try changing the Export settings to either "overwrides BYENITITY" or "new layers for overrides"? Not without it's own problems but should work.

Well, the problem is that Acad can't understand white lines as no lines... The option in Acad is to suppress Dim line 1 and Dim line 2.... So, the solution would be to edit the dim style in Acad and use these options...

I just wanted to export to Acad and send the dwgs directly to the client, without any corrections but I see that this is not easy... there are some things like this and to hide the view borders in sheets that have to be done manually....

jspartz
2009-05-18, 08:33 PM
Dimensions stay as one category in the export DWG settings - you can't separate anything. I think the only way to get the result you want, which is not ideal but could work for something small, is to create your own detail item dimension family, that uses a new subcategory for lines, and then turn it off before exporting.

nsinha73
2009-05-18, 10:07 PM
you are trying make Revit do something it was never designed to do......
However, can you do or achieve the same in Autocad? I mean, Having dimension separate or invisible lines or lineless dimensions?
I suggest after you export, adjust or fix the line in Autocad......

mruehr
2009-05-19, 04:22 AM
see here
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=101391