PDA

View Full Version : Helical Piers

hhall
2009-05-18, 06:11 PM
Has anybody created a helical pier family. I need to use it plan view.
Thanks

david_peterson
2009-05-18, 08:36 PM
I'd create a round column and just use that. It should look close enough for graphics. I have no idea how you'd actually go about creating an actual helical shape. You can then select that family to not show up in the column schedule and just force it to go hidden.
It's that or you could try to create a model group for each one and actually model the thing, but again, I don't know how you'd do that.
Personally I'd just start with a circular concrete column and duplicate it and call it a helical pier (HP1) and be done with it. Since Autodesk won't address the pier issue, I'd just fake it. I haven't found a really good way to do any concrete piers. I should re-phrase that, the piers I can do it's the voids (pier pockets) at the top that are the real pain.
Just my 2 cents.

hhall
2009-05-18, 11:36 PM
Thanks, David that's what I'll do.

archjake
2009-05-28, 03:16 PM
Here is a sample of how one would model a helical pier. It is not parametric but gives you the basic tools on how to model the helical. With a little more effort I'm sure you could make it parametric and contain any structural analysis properties that you may require.

KC.94373
2009-06-03, 03:26 PM
Here is a Parametric Helical Pier that I created yesterday I only added 3 helixes to it since we usually don't use add more Helixes we add more piers. I have it set up for my company plan standards, so if you want to see the helixes and shaft in plan you willl need to turn on the visibilty of those objects. We show the plate and shaft in plan and in this family I made them symbolic lines that are parametric so that we can change the size so they show up graphically. It works well for what we need or is a good starting point if you want to add to it.

wikerd.227226
2009-12-06, 05:51 AM
KC,

Nice pier. Have you done any work with tags customized for helical piers?

BecFra
2012-11-09, 05:33 PM
I started with the one from archjake and modified a bit so that its lengthens correctly with the column top and base parameters.. also includes a cap for the portion embedded into the footing..

thierry.leboulch375118
2013-04-26, 06:27 PM
I use Revit 2013 and I need a helical pier Family. Thank you

andrew.215263
2013-05-30, 01:54 AM
Well done, works well, thank you