PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2010 Network License Manager

jcoe
2009-05-19, 02:10 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with this. We are having an awful time using the network license manager in 2010. Many workstations are getting this error message (see attached). I am not really sure what this "Use Extension" thing is either.

twiceroadsfool
2009-05-19, 02:15 PM
Were not getting the message over here, unless we leave Revit 2010 dormant for a long period of time. Then it gives the license back to the server...

vandelay
2009-05-19, 05:04 PM
Yes I have seen this error and notified Autodesk subscription on the problem. That was last week and I was told that I would be notified when the problem was fixed.

We were trying to run a previous version of revit that should have been included with our license file.

Rachel Ritchie
2009-05-19, 05:35 PM
not sure if this is your problems...but
http://allthingsbim.blogspot.com/2009/05/revit-2010-network-licensing-problem.html

eldad
2009-06-04, 12:59 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with this. We are having an awful time using the network license manager in 2010. Many workstations are getting this error message (see attached). I am not really sure what this "Use Extension" thing is either.

Have you upgraded your LMTools?
the old version does not support casscading licenses.

vandelay
2009-06-04, 01:19 PM
Autodesk has resolved the issues with the bad license files. It is also advised to upgrade your lmtools version to the newest version which is 11.5 as eldad has pointed out.

You might want to contact ABC and have then resend the license files to you. I did not have to give them all my server information again, I just asked that they resend me the files that they sent me before for the 2010 products.

Good luck.

Simon.Whitbread
2009-06-23, 04:09 AM
I've had this posted to Autodesk...

Its very possible to lose work with Network license MEP 2010 at present

15:15 start MEP and Create New Project
15:17 Activate worksharing and create central
15:20 Closed Central
15:25 Create Local - add duct and minor mods
15:39 save local and synchronise central
15:59 save - license drop out - cannot STC or local

Cannot use extension to save

I've tried clicking on the application button - it shows I have a license, but I still cannot save.
One thing worked...

Borrow license
Return License
Can save now

How happy can you see users having to do this multiple times :-)

BDR_Architect
2009-07-14, 03:54 PM
Autodesk managed to come up with a Hotfix for 64-bit to fix this issue (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13401936&linkID=9242019) but hasn't released anything for 32-bit (to my knowledge).

When given the option to "Use Extension" keep in mind that this is not an extension of time. It gives you one command then you have to use another extension.

What has worked for us (when we lose the license) we click "Use Extension" then Save (locally) and exit Revit. Then open Revit again, wait about 30 seconds, then open your project and STC. This seems to work.

Good luck
-Ben

nigel186003
2009-08-11, 07:44 AM
Hi everyone

I have had +- a month of fighting with my network license. After opening Revit 2010 and viewing the License information I got the following errors -

Network licensing connection is established.
License type: Network
License usage type: <17>
License behavior: <17>
License expiration date: error 17

I have finally fixed the problem. You have to uninstall ALL AutoDesk programs & remove ALL traces AutoDesk from ur machine. Go to http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS45252 & follow the steps.

Hope it helps some of you. Have a great day

brenehan
2009-10-08, 12:24 AM
Does anyone have any more solutions on this problem. I have tried the Autodesk hotfix but it did not work?

Thanks
Brian

dhurtubise
2009-10-08, 12:56 AM
Did you set a environment variable for the server(s) on your desktop?
Are you using TCP/IC 4 or 6?

rafael.silvav
2009-12-16, 02:18 AM
I have a Work around for this issue

We have the same problem in our department, in our server we use the same ADML to manage 16 Inventors, 4 Autocad, 1 RST, 1RAC, 1RMEP, 1C3D, 13DMax licenses

When upgrade to 2010 version in all products, Users with autoCAD take advantage of the Revit Licenses and The Revit User can not work or drop your licenses when AutoCAD starts.

I read and follow each blog, post, link, web page etc about this issue but the only idea that works fine for us were
1.shutdown all licenses,
2.stop and start LMTOOLS services and
3.Starts first Revit Product one by one and then apply the Borrow licence command for each one. (choose a big period 6 months is fine)

In that way REVIT will not drop or share these licenses with AutoCAD 2010.

AutoCAD Mechanical,Inventor, C3D, Max 2010 have not this problem with REVIT 2010 licences (32 or 64 bits)....All Revit 2009 licences have not present this network license issue.

I hope this work around can be usefull .....while Autodesk fix the problem!!!

bregnier
2009-12-18, 10:31 PM
You can reserve certain licenses for certain users with an options file as well... the options file can also set the time out limit for automatic check-in. The license admin guidelines, with directions for setting this up, can be found at

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/DocumentRepository/Licensing/FLEXnet_Publisher/FLEXnet_Publisher_11.6/03_ISV/Product%20Manual/LicenseAdministration.pdf

These directions also work with Revit:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=7459915&linkID=9240617

aekblade
2009-12-22, 10:17 PM
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13922551&linkID=9243099

aekblade
2010-03-15, 01:40 PM
yes..this registry edit is for the floating licesnse error.

regedit

• HKCU\Software\FLEXLM License Manager\ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE
Set it to simply: "@IPADDRESS", get rid of everything else in there.

use the IP address of your license server.

for the ERROR 17 message..

Rename the CascadeInfo.cas file
• Navigate to the following folder:
Windows XP > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm
Windows Vista > C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm
• Rename the CascadeInfo.cas file to CascadeInfo.cas-backup

Verify the ProductInformation.pit file is present
• Navigate to the following folder:
Windows XP > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm
Windows Vista > C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm
• Ensure the ProductInformation.pit file is present in the folder.

jontramos
2010-04-05, 09:20 PM
Thank you. This did the trick for me.

akdbrown
2010-04-27, 11:37 PM

wHAT DOES THE LEFT SIDE OF THIS lICENSE dIALOG bOX REFER TO??? iT GIVES YOU AN OPTION TO USE AN EXTENSION? AND IT STATES YOU HAVE 10 LEFT