PDA

View Full Version : Exposed Brick interior wall...

adam_J
2009-05-21, 01:19 PM
I am looking to model an exposed brick interior wall that is exposed on one side at different heights along the wall, ad different on either side, but I'm having a diuficult time making my own wall.

I would even be ok with an exposed brick wall on an entire side, but I can't delete the boundaries when I try an modify an existing brick wall type.

Any good tutorials out there to help me buld own wall. the book I have doesn't cover that very well.

Thanks again for the help

AJ

sbrown
2009-05-21, 02:03 PM
Can you post a sketch of what you are trying to achieve? I think either spliting the wall in plan where the heights change then adjusting the base and top offsets will get you what you need. Or editing the wall profile. If you need some brick in a plaster wall, then you will "embed" the brick wall into the plaster wall by drawing the 2 diff wall types ontop of eachother, then edit the profile of the brick one, then use the cut geometry tool to merge the 2 walls into one.

Gadget Man
2009-05-22, 06:15 AM
Or if you are interested just in some "patches" of exposed bricks in a plastered wall (on one or both sides - independently) you could use "Split Face" tool (in elevation - exactly how you want the patches to apear) and "paint" the exposed brick material (with a corresponding pattern) into these regions, using Paint Bucket tool...