PDA

View Full Version : shrubs

johnf.77896
2009-05-21, 02:21 PM
Is there a way to control the transparency of shrubs in elevation veiws other than totally transparent? I would like to see them but not have them block out what is behind them.

thanks
John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

SCShell
2009-05-21, 02:42 PM
Hey there,
You can also control the 1/2 tone setting by category and the plants will get a noticeable white line which makes them fairly visible.
Also, I ever since RAC09, I don't liked the "mesh" or place holder used for planting all of the time and have found it nice to use the old AR trees and shrubs. The mix is nice. See my other post on Trees in Plan to see what I do if you like the technique.
Good luck.
Steve

johnf.77896
2009-05-21, 03:18 PM
Steve, thanks. I like the 2nd one. It would be nice if you could just make them a percentage of transparency instead of having to make them 100% transparent. In the pdf below, the trees are left over from old days but the shrubs are 2009 and I would like to be able to just modify and not have to start from scratch.

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

sbrown
2009-05-21, 03:41 PM
I create a material called entourage and set it to have a transparency, then under object styles assign it to my planting and entourage categories. i've also made a sep one for planting which I change teh color to green.

johnf.77896
2009-05-21, 04:48 PM
Scott, great thanks. I knew that it was something simple, I was afraid that I would overwrite the existing planting material that was in there but it worked just as I was hoping for, thanks again

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

SCShell
2009-05-23, 06:26 PM
Hey there,
Great tip Scott! I like that for the shrubs. Along with the old AR trees.....I like it!
Thanks
Steve