PDA

View Full Version : Import/export issues in 7.0

Chunk
2004-10-29, 02:02 PM
Since making the upgrade to 7.0 in our office we've noticed that cad file imports no longer seem to be included in new dwg file exports. Here's the background. We're working from Canada with a vendor in the UK who is providing us cad drawings of their equipment layouts. We import their cad files in to our Revit model plans for reference. Our M+E subconsultants are stuck in the cad world also and require dwg files from us for coordination. In 6.1 we could export our Revit plans to dwg and the imports would be included. In 7.0 when we export to dwg. the imports get stripped out. We can resolve by doing a bit of xref work in Autocad but we'd prefer being able to export one complete file.
Anyone else having issues with export/import on 7.0?

Chunk
2004-10-29, 03:33 PM
Solved my own issue. Had the same problem printing to pdf's. Cad imports weren't showing up. Turns out in 7.0 if you select Hidden Line Removal when exporting or have your view set to hidden line when printing the cad imports won't export or print. You have to set exports and prints to wire frame.

Guess this thread could be closed and moved to tips and tricks.

LRaiz
2004-10-29, 03:42 PM
It is good that you found a workaround. However it still sounds like a workaround. There is something to be addressed here.

Chunk
2004-10-29, 04:03 PM
Agreed. Cad files exported in wireframe can be a mass of confusion. Would be nice to see a fix that will accommodate hidden line and not strip the imported elements. 7.1 maybe?

andremiko
2004-10-29, 06:18 PM
How about 7.123 with a fix for the slow down tooooo.........:Puffy:

Steve Cashman
2004-11-06, 03:54 PM
I'm running into a problem where I can't export drawings from a project in 7.0. I get a fatal error during the export and Revit closes. I've sent the file to Tech Support. I hope they figure this out soon. I need to be able to export to waiting consultants.