PDA

View Full Version : Cut Pattern Control

Paul P.
2004-10-29, 02:32 PM
I want to show the cut pattern of walls in plan only and not in section. Is this possible and if not is there a way round it, I cant see anything in the Vis./Graphic settings.

Regards, Paul.

Chunk
2004-10-29, 02:39 PM
Not sure if I'm understanding exactly what you're trying to do but my first suggestion would be to check the Detail Level under View Properties. Set your plan Detail Level to Fine and your Section Detail Level to Course.

Paul P.
2004-10-29, 02:57 PM
Chunk, thanks for the reply but I've already tried that and everything else I can think of and it doesn't make a difference, the only way I can achieve what I'm after is by removing the cut pattern from the material I assign to the wall it in the wall edit assembly.

Regards, Paul.

aaronrumple
2004-10-29, 03:12 PM
Sure you can. Set the plan view to fine. Set the section view to fine. Override the detail level of the wall in the section view to coarse.

Paul P.
2004-10-29, 03:16 PM
Aaron, thank you.

Regards, Paul.

Henry D
2004-10-30, 02:23 PM
Another way to do this..if you still want to see the different components of the wall in the section:

First set the core material of your walls to have a solid grey fill. Then set your plan and section level detail both to fine, but for the section view in the visibility/graphics override under Override Model Pattern check the cut pattern color and set it to white. Now the section should appear as if it has no fill patterns.