PDA

View Full Version : "Flip" Control in Family Editor 2010

Scott Womack
2009-05-22, 11:52 AM
Ok, I give up. Where are the "Flip Controls for adding them to a family in 2010. I opened a family (originally created in 2009, via Edit Family from within a project) and I cannot find these controls to add to this family. Any Help?

MRV
2009-05-22, 11:57 AM
They were left out. You will have to open another family and cut & paste to get it in.

Andre Carvalho
2009-05-22, 01:26 PM
I don't have that issue. So far, The families that I have brought from 2009 had the flip controls available. They were most furniture, though. Which category is yours, Scott?

Andre Carvalho

jlinger
2009-05-22, 01:58 PM
I just checked a door I've been upgrading since 2008. I see the flip control tool in the Create tab. It already had Flips in it, but I was working on a window this morning and the flip controls were in the same place

brethomp
2009-05-22, 03:19 PM
Depends on the family type. Start a new family with the Door template and you will have the "controls" tool. Start a family with the Detail Component template, and you won't.

Scott Womack
2009-05-22, 03:31 PM
Andre,

IT is a Detail Component

Dimitri Harvalias
2009-05-22, 03:59 PM
I thought Michael was joking... but he's right. The control tools are nowhere to be found when starting with the detail component template. Copy/paste works but.... seriously?

patricks
2009-05-22, 05:15 PM
Wow... confirmed missing here, as well. I started a new detail component family, and indeed there is nothing between the Detail section of the ribbon and the Dimension section. Those 2 sections are directly adjacent on my screen.

benmay
2009-06-22, 06:33 AM
Just found the exact same problem, no flip contols in 2010 for detail components!

But to add to that I went to where is my command and my entire session crashed! Which has lost me 20 mins work (no option to saveas either)

My first day on 2010 isnt going well at all!

Chad Smith
2009-06-22, 08:14 AM
Just found the exact same problem, no flip contols in 2010 for detail components!
From memory, this was a known issue from the beta.

patricks
2009-06-22, 02:28 PM
...and yet they released a "final" version with this "known" issue still present. :roll:

Chad Smith
2009-06-22, 10:36 PM
I'm more than happy to let this one slide for the moment. It's not like they can get everything fixed before release. At least this one is work-aroundable, or so I hear.

trombe
2009-06-23, 09:36 AM
I'm more than happy to let this one slide for the moment. It's not like they can get everything fixed before release. At least this one is work-aroundable, or so I hear.

After seeing this post I also checked only to find as indicated.
I am quite surprised it was not fixed, especially since it was known about but equally, how would it have been removed, to be put back ?
I have not tried to insert the control suite or bits of them, into a new 2010 family and why the heck should I have to even do this ?

Actually I need this to work and have been making (slowly) more components over time.

The spacebar, is inadequate to deal with the nuances of detail component placement and really, I can't see how you could hide from this being just plain sloppy since it was an existing and well functioning aspect of detail component creation and use.
boo.

trombe