PDA

View Full Version : TAB Forward / back

Martin P
2009-05-22, 03:58 PM
I have looked for and failed to find a thread that told me how to TAB forward and BACK with Revit.... anyone know how to do this? Am altering my touchstrip on Wacom tablet to perform Tab and want "forward / back" to be "up / down" on the strip.

jamesgchambers
2009-05-22, 05:23 PM
How do you mean? Selecting elements "Tab" goes forwards "Shift+Tab" goes backwards. Cycling windows "ctrl+Tab" goes forward, and "ctrl+shift+Tab" goes backwards.

Martin P
2009-05-22, 09:28 PM
I think thats the answer I was probably after :) cheers James, will get that onto the wacom tablet....

Henry D
2009-05-23, 03:52 PM
I think thats the answer I was probably after :) cheers James, will get that onto the wacom tablet....

Martin P. I haven't seen you post on AUGI for a long time! Are you still using StrokeIt to enter commands with your pen and Wacom tablet?

(For those who aren't familiar with StrokeIt see http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/)

I have been using it for several years now and find that I can enter commands 2x faster than with keyboard shortcuts. Anyway...I am interested to know if you have been able to use it with 2010. The issue I find with 2010 is that the commands are contextual. For example, in past versions the trim command would be in the same menu location for walls, lines, etc. where as in 2010 commands are located on the ribbon in a different location depending on the context. What that means is that the trim command for example, would need a different gesture for each context. Trying to program StrokeIt commands really shows the inefficiency of the ribbon...the program like the user has to search for the same command in a different location according to the context.