PDA

View Full Version : Does Revit transfer some properties to AcadLT?

corbin3james
2009-05-22, 06:03 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I'm not a Revit user and I have a feeling the issue I'm having is a result of a drawing created in Revit.

I'm using AutoCAD LT 2008, and I have a drawing that is acting like no other AutoCAD drawing I've ever seen. It's acting like what I've seen of Revit in the way that an insertion of a door will automatically cut out spacing in the wall for the opening... Same with windows and intersections of walls i.e. intersecting walls will automatically clean up their intersection lines.

My question is really this... Is this a result of saving a Revit drawing in AutoCAD format, and can these properties be turned off as to have it act more like AutoCAD?

Thanks for any help you can throw my way!

Corbin

Scott D Davis
2009-05-23, 03:51 PM
Exporting from Revit to AutocAD will produce a file of lines, arcs, text, and circles. It will not retain any of the properties of being a Revit file. It will edit just like any DWG produced in AutoCAD.

truevis
2009-05-26, 07:04 PM
Exporting from Revit to AutocAD will produce a file of lines, arcs, text, and circles. It will not retain any of the properties of being a Revit file. It will edit just like any DWG produced in AutoCAD.
There is some intelligence that gets transferred, like Block/Insert and Layer names. Rendering material information was in the extended entity data of the DWG elements last time I checked.

jamesd10181097
2009-05-26, 07:09 PM
It sounds more like the file was created in AutoCAD Architecture (formerly Architectural Desktop)