PDA

View Full Version : Subassembly Target Parameters

Jaylevitus
2009-05-24, 12:46 AM
I have done work-arounds in the past, but it would be nice to be able to create my own sub assemblies i.e. from polylines and attach my own target parameters. Example being, a Curb that can have a target parameter at Top of Curb to tie a profile/alignment to. None of the out of the box Civil3D sub assemblies have that parameter.

Is this possible without knowing/using VBA or having to know scripting language? I know this is not possible if I want the object to stretch, but I just want a basic shape to be able to target a profile/alignment at a specific point.

Thanks in advance!

brian.hailey933139
2009-05-24, 06:44 AM
As far as I know, target=stretch. If you don't want to stretch something, why would you have it target something?

Now, if you mean attachment point, as in you want to attach this sub at the top back of curb instead of the lip, you could define it from polylines.

If you want to attach to the top back of curb (you really didn't specify which part of the top of curb you wanted) you could use the UrbanCurbGutterGeneral and simply change the insertion point to Curb Back.

Jaylevitus
2009-05-24, 03:37 PM
I was just thinking that it may be convenient for future projects to be able to have a curb or curb and gutter sub-assembly that has the ability to have target parameters to target a profile/alignment at a specific attachment point. I suppose my thinking was along the lines of: If I designed a curb profile all ready and wanted that sub-assembly to follow that profile at a specific attachment point that is not pre-defined.

Maybe I am just missing it, but viewing all out of the box C&G sub-assemblies none seem to have the ability to do that. (Help view-> Target parameters = none)

So I was curious if there is a simple way to add target parameters to an attachment point as easily as it is to create a basic sub-assembly from polylines, adding codes/points/links/shapes, etc. Is it possible to take it one step beyond and add a target parameter to one of those points?

brian.hailey933139
2009-05-25, 06:49 AM
Not without .net or some other programing language I'm afraid.