PDA

View Full Version : Move site or move project?

jwilhelm
2009-05-26, 08:06 PM
Ive created a project at an arbitrary elevation because I didnt have a survey, then when I loaded in the survey (at elev 0'-0") and created a toposurface, which gets placed at the proper elevation, I have to move the project up to the proper elevation relative to the site.
however im having trouble moving it, is there an alternative of moving the site down and re-establishing the 0'-0" level so the contours will match the survey after its moved?

iankids
2009-05-26, 08:48 PM
Hi jwilhelm,

I create a separate rvt for the toposurface.

In this separate file, the toposurface is created at the correct elevation - as per the land surveyors data.

When linking the toposurface file to the model file, you can then position it correctly in relation to the finished floor level of the building.

If you create a shared elevation, you can then use the spot elevation tool to show the RL's as per the survey info whilst at the same time the project levels of the floor level / ceiling etc remain as project levels.

Cheers,

Ian

jwilhelm
2009-05-26, 09:09 PM
What is a "shared elevation"?

iankids
2009-05-26, 09:28 PM
What is a "shared elevation"?

Start the spot elevation tool.

Hit the properties button.

The elevation OOTB is set to vertical / project.

Hit Edit & then duplicate & rename as Shared. Scroll down the properties, about 2/3rds way down is the elevation origin. Change this to be shared.

I also change the units of the shared elevation to match the units of the survey. In my case, the project units are millimetres and the surveys are shown as metres, this way on the sheets it matches exactly the surveyors info.

Cheers,

Ian

Gadget Man
2009-05-27, 06:42 AM
There is a brilliant video tutorial series about this very issue HERE. (http://www.cadclips.com/REVIT-AC-2008-SMLinking.aspx)

True, you have to subscribe to see this particular one (there are several other good tutorials free there too, among the wealth of subscription-only ones) but I absolutely encourage anybody to do it! And now, apparently, they have a special there...