PDA

View Full Version : Any UK Users Using The Reinforcement Module?

allan_bim
2009-05-28, 07:14 AM
We are giving some serious consideration to switching to AutoCAD Structural Detailing to use the reinforcement module. We currently run CADSRC as our reinforcement package.

If anyone out there is using it for UK projects, what's your general feeling on it?

balazs.trojak
2009-08-20, 12:42 PM
Hm. It seems no one is using it.

balazs.trojak
2009-10-27, 07:10 PM
Have you made the switch Allan? Did it work out? What are your thoughts?

allan_bim
2009-10-28, 06:46 AM
My feeling is it's about one release away from really suiting the UK market place.

Annotations aren't there for the UK market (tick/tags), how you tag bars in section doesn't suit the UK market place and the RC modules (isolated pads, pile caps for example) do not allow you to use UK shape codes so what is an automated process becomes more awkward.

But it does look like once these things are in place that'll it be a very good product and will be able to compete with CADS-RC that I use this now. So personally I would wait until 2011 and see if there's more UK based content out then.

Alan aka cadalot
2009-11-05, 06:41 AM
Hi Guys

There seems to be very few of us UK users up here on the AUGI forum, and trying to draw answers to UK questions can be like getting blood out of a stone.

Allan, as discussed over on the UK Revit Register Linked-In Group, we are just getting into using Revit for RC detailing, so too early to add constructive comments.

I have a draughtsman who should be playing with a pile and ground beam foundation for a development in the next few weeks so I will let you know how we/he get on with it.

Alan

balazs.trojak
2009-11-05, 05:11 PM
One thing I did try was [shock and horror] manual detailing in Revit. I made a few quick 2d parametric families for basic bar shapes, and repeating details for bars in section and found it to be - as with everything in Revit - quite quick.

allan_bim
2009-11-05, 06:39 PM
One thing I did try was: [Shock and Horror] manual detailing in Revit. I made a few quick 2d parmetric families for basic bar shapes, and repeating details for bars in section and found it to be - as with everything in Revit - quite quick.

Can you schedule the lengths of your families? Or is that a manual process for you as well. The level of information your showing is what I'm after in Revit, I really hope they add in this sort of detail into Revit. I find it strange you can model all the bars but we can't really annotate them very well!

allan_bim
2009-11-05, 06:51 PM
Hi Guys

There seems to be very few of us UK users up here on the AUGI forum, and trying to draw answers to UK questions can be like getting blood out of a stone.

Allan, as discussed over on the UK Revit Register Linked-In Group, we are just getting into using Revit for RC detailing, so too early to add constructive comments.

I have a draughtsman who should be playing with a pile and ground beam foundation for a development in the next few weeks so I will let you know how we/he get on with it.

Alan

Alan,

I'd be happy to discuss anything like this with you, the more UK users we can get behind this the better. So it would be great to see how you get on with it. I would love to be able to detail rebar in Revit.

I have looked into ASD a bit now, and as I noted, personally I feel ASD is just a touch off, but I guess it depends on how you like your tick/tags, annotations and how bars are called up in section to look. Have you looked at ASD at all?