PDA

View Full Version : Finishes Schedule

charliep
2009-05-28, 12:59 PM
I'm trying to create a Finishes Schedule. I've created the Room Schedule, put the Wall Finishes, Floor Finishes & Ceiling Finishes fields in but they are not picking the info from the model. How do I get the shedule to pick up the finishes info from the model? Any advice will be most welcome.

cliff collins
2009-05-28, 01:28 PM
You need to create a Material Takeoff Schedule.
Choose Multi-Category schedule type.

This should then pick up all the materials in the project.

Note that the materials must actually be applied to walls/components in the model for them to show up in the schedule.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.........

SCShell
2009-05-28, 02:31 PM
Hey there,
Also, it may help you to also create a Key Schedule for certain types of finish systems rather than trying to itemize every item.
(The only problems I run into with Finish Schedules has to do with walls which have multiple finishes and/or abutting contiguous walls with different finishes but with only one call out reference....but hey, that was a problem clear back in my hand drafting days too!)

Good Luck
Steve

nancy.mcclure
2009-05-28, 09:35 PM
Charlie,

Forgive me if I misunderstood your situation, but the Room Schedule fields of Floor, Wall and Ceiling Finish(es) are text-based legend fields. They will NOT automatically draw material data out of the system families of the model itself. These need to be entered as embedded data into the Room elements (or pushed from the schedule into the Room elements).

As Cliff noted, to draw out the material data from the design model, you'd need a Material Take-Off, and then filter down accordingly.

I usually advise firms to use the approach that gives them what their contract deliverables require: if it's a finish schedule, then enter the data in the Room elements; if it's interior elevation/plan diagrams with tagging, then model/paint the finishes into the model.

Hope that helps!

charliep
2009-05-29, 10:41 AM
Thanks for your comments guys. Very helpfull, especially Nancy's explanation about the fields.

pfaudler
2009-05-29, 11:11 AM
This is very interesting topic. Nancy's explanation is very good.
Please see attached an example of what our finishes schedule looks like.

We always have to deliver finishes schedule based on room no. and name. And In Revit Room object doesnt pull information form floor,ceiling, or walls etc.
As an alternative, We are thnking to tag modelled floor and ceiling objects. So basically give them same room nae and number. This will then give room based floor and ceiling shedule. and we can use fllor/ceiling key schedule too to populate floor/ceiling finishes.

But for skirting and Internal walls, we have to add that info into room parameters and run room shcedule with those fields.

For Door/Windows, i think we can use from and to room fields, if need be.

Can someone please suggest any better ways to do this in Revit?

Thanks in anticipaiton.

Rahul