PDA

View Full Version : In place family dissappears during editing!!!

christo4robin
2003-09-02, 08:56 PM
I have a bench done as an in place family. When I edit the family, the extrusion for the bench disappears in all views--3D, plan, rcp, and section!

Any ideas? Its challenging to edit an invisible bench!

C

beegee
2003-09-02, 09:28 PM
1. Change to wireframe view. Can you see it now ?

christo4robin
2003-09-02, 09:35 PM
Tried wireframe--no go. Mysteriously, if I delete it and then create a new family, it seems to work fine. Aaaargggghhhh!

C

beegee
2003-09-02, 09:41 PM
2. Copy and move the bench away from the model. Check all its properties for something that could be causing this behaviour (ie extrusion start level below floor finish ?)

3. You could edit the moved copy, delete the original and move the copy back as a work around. Obviously better to solve the problem rather than do that though.

4. Check that model line visability is turned on.

Martin P
2003-09-03, 01:07 PM
I have noticed some very bizzare behaviour with in place familes. If you move the familes when you are NOT editing the family ie move the whole family in one go, then go into edit family mode - it shows in the original location for editing, and not in the new one. I would say at a guess you have moved it when not in family edit mode, and this basically screws the family up.... if it is this can you report it too.

And I'm not trying to be annoying here :lol: - but a bench would probably be best done as a family that you could load :wink: but it shouldnt be dissapearing when done in place anyway!!