PDA

View Full Version : Revit can't reload link because of errors...

troy.crandell635379
2009-05-29, 09:28 PM
Anyone ever see this one before? I can't seem to figue out what the errors are. Opening the file doesn't tell me anything. I wonder if I'm linking the file correctly. Should I link the Central file or is there a better way. I usually link the Central file so we can have an up to date like to work from. This is the first time I've had a problem.

Scott Womack
2009-06-01, 10:00 AM
Anyone ever see this one before? I can't seem to figure out what the errors are. Opening the file doesn't tell me anything. I wonder if I'm linking the file correctly. Should I link the Central file or is there a better way. I usually link the Central file so we can have an up to date like to work from. This is the first time I've had a problem.

Never seen this exact error message, it is in effect telling you to open the file you have linked in, and use the "Audit" when you open it. In an example like this, I'm not sure that it would matter if it is a local copy, or a Central file linked in. What ever is an error in this file needs to be fixed/corrected before you can load it again.

Although annoying and worrying, it is actually an example of Revit trying to protect your file from potential corruption by another.

troy.crandell635379
2009-06-01, 03:38 PM
Scott,
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I've already done this and it didn't seem to help. I ran the audit on the model, and nothing came of it. I still get the error.

ajayholland
2009-06-02, 03:04 PM
Any more info in the expanded dialog?

~AJH

troy.crandell635379
2009-06-02, 03:12 PM
I'm pretty sure when I expanded the dialog all I got was an indication of which link was having problems, wich I already knew. Not very helpful to say the least.

As an update the this problem, I've recently re-linked the central file model and it linked just fine. No problems so far. Go figure...