PDA

View Full Version : CAD file not Importing/ Linking

jcoe
2009-06-01, 02:58 AM
I am having trouble getting a CAD file to import/ link into my Revit file. It seems no matter how I approach it, I cannot get the file to import. BTW, this is a site consultant's CAD file.

What I have done:

I have checked to make sure the active workset is visible.
I have tried link vs. import.
I have manually selected units.
I took the original CAD file, purged it, and Saved As.
I have tried to import the CAD file into a detail component,
I have tried importing the CAD file into both drafting views and model views.Regardless of my approach, I cannot seem to figure this one out. I have even tried other CAD files with no luck.

Any thoughts?

Joef
2009-06-01, 04:57 AM
Did you try manual placement by center? That's always my last resort.

jcoe
2009-06-01, 11:49 AM
Yes,
I went through all the placement options as well.

aggockel50321
2009-06-01, 12:52 PM
View range of the view you are importing it into, does it cover the (elevation) range of the cad file being imported?

jcoe
2009-06-01, 01:21 PM
View range of the view you are importing it into, does it cover the (elevation) range of the cad file being imported?

As far as I can tell, the view range seems to be correct.

What is interesting about this whole thing is after I think I have placed the CAD file, I check my "undo" list and it does not show up as an action I can undo. This makes me think that it is not really a visibility issue at all, but rather Revit is not recognizing the CAD file I am trying to import.

Just yesterday I installed the open_close_save_hotfix. Would this have an adverse impact on what I am trying to do?

jcoe
2009-06-01, 01:29 PM
More news.

I just asked someone else who is on the project to import the file and it worked fine. I have a feeling that this might have something to do with the hotfix I installed this weekend, which replaces my acdb17.dll file. Prior to the hotfix update, I was able to perform this action normally. I will revert back to my previous acdb17.dll file and see if this solves the issue.

jcoe
2009-06-01, 01:44 PM
After replacing the file, things seem to be working normally.

btrusty
2009-06-01, 02:00 PM
which hotfix was this?

jcoe
2009-06-01, 03:38 PM
which hotfix was this?

I received this after I submitted and error report when Revit got hung up on exiting after saving this past weekend and it pointed me to a hotfix.

Dear AutoCADĀ® RevitĀ® Architecture Suite 2009 Customer:
Autodesk has analyzed the error report you recently submitted. Errors similar to this have been resolved by the following Technical Solution.
We recommend that you apply this Technical Solution, or contact your system administrator.

Error Report Summary
Computer Date The steps you provided Autodesk Not provided 5/31/2009 Steps not provided

Technical Solution https://errorreport.autodesk.com/img/hyperLink.gif Open Close Save Hotfix
Note: Administrative permissions may be required to apply Technical Solutions.This should be the link:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=11783277&linkID=9240618

aggockel50321
2009-06-01, 05:53 PM
I remember having similar issues after installing that hotfix with 2009, on a similar email from Autodesk after a crash, last winter. I ended up reverting back, also.