PDA

View Full Version : Pinned objects don't pin where I want them...

jchokshi
2009-06-01, 09:47 PM
I hope somebody can help me with this...

I am currently trying to move some structural beams that were pinned. I unpin them and move them to where I want them and then pin them again. But every time I pin them in the new location, they just jump back to the old one. It is getting irritating, as I want to start my RCPs.

I am using Revit 2009 if that helps.

Gadget Man
2009-06-02, 07:01 AM
As far as I know (and I don't use structural objects if I can avoid them) you should leave them un-pinned in their new position. If you pin them, they will go back to their original place.

Scott Womack
2009-06-02, 10:22 AM
I hope somebody can help me with this...

I am currently trying to move some structural beams that were pinned. I unpin them and move them to where I want them and then pin them again. But every time I pin them in the new location, they just jump back to the old one. It is getting irritating, as I want to start my RCPs.

Are these part of a Beam System? That is the "behavior you seem to be describing. If they are, that is why they jump back to their original position. Curtainwall's defined with an automatic spacing react the same way if you unpin a grid and move it, then try to pin it again, it will jump back.

Un-pin the beam, move it, then dimension it off of a grid line, and lock the dimension to hold it in that location. Don't try pinning it.