PDA

View Full Version : Complex window..Families Tutorial..Cut plane issue?

elmoleaf
2009-06-02, 02:11 PM
Attached is a Revit 2010 project file. I created a complex window based on the one in the Families Tutorial.
I can't get the window frame to display in plan view. I suspect it's a cut plane issue, but don't understand how to fix it.
Thank you for your help.

aggockel50321
2009-06-02, 05:05 PM
Seem to have a couple of issues.

1.) The stone lintel seems to be a little higher than your sill height of 2'-0:, and it's pattern is showing through. Raise the window 1/8" and it no longer shows. Try cutting a section through the window and you'll see the issue.

2.) At 1/8" scale, the default wall thickness cut lines tend to mask out the frame. Change the view scale to 1/2" and you'll see what I mean. You might be able to clean up some other issues by turning off the visibility of some of the window's model elements and substitute line work for their representation to get the look you want.

hth

elmoleaf
2009-06-02, 08:54 PM
Thank you for the help.
It appears the window is getting cut through the trim piece at the head. Othwise the two additional parallel lines in front of the glass line shouldn't be showing up in plan view.
While I can draw in linework for the frame etc., I'd rather understand and fix whatever is causing the problem.