PDA

View Full Version : Leader snapping to Center of Room Tag

hgrigel
2009-06-02, 08:56 PM
I have an issue with the appearance of my Room Tag leaders. My standard Room Tag has the Room Name on top and the Room Number in a box below the Room Name. In AutoCAD our convention was to take the leader off the center of the side of the box around the Room Number, but when I apply a leader in Revit, it centers it on the overall extents of the tag. Thus, the leader originates between the Room Name & the Box around the Room Number. Does anyone know how to adjust the Leader origin in the tag? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Scott Womack
2009-06-02, 09:20 PM
I have an issue with the appearance of my Room Tag leaders. My standard Room Tag has the Room Name on top and the Room Number in a box below the Room Name. In AutoCAD our convention was to take the leader off the center of the side of the box around the Room Number, but when I apply a leader in Revit, it centers it on the overall extents of the tag. Thus, the leader originates between the Room Name & the Box around the Room Number. Does anyone know how to adjust the Leader origin in the tag? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There is no way to directly adjust the point at which the leader takes off the symbol. What Revit is doing is to look at the total height of the tag family, and take the leader off of a point exactly half way vertically.

That said, open the tag family, and place a piece of invisible line below the box, equal to the "top" of the Room Name text bounding box. This forces the tag "bounding box to be "falsely" higher, and makes the leader come off of the vertical midpoint of the number box.

The reason (I am guessing here, and no I am NOT defending them) this is done is because there are a myriad of ways various firms make their Room Tags, as well as other tags can appear. So this was the easiest way out for the programmers

hgrigel
2009-06-02, 09:29 PM
Thanks so much! That did the trick.

twiceroadsfool
2009-06-02, 09:57 PM
Its only a pain if you have one multi-type room tag Family, that vertically stacks different fields. We have:

Room Room Room Room Room Room
Num Area Num Num Num Num
Area Area Dept Dept
Volume Area

I had them all working from one room tag with visibility parameters, but the leader still pulls from the center. So when (in SD) youre only using Room | Area, it looks really dumb, haha. I have since pulled it apart in to 6 different Room tag Families. Oh well...

megraham2000
2009-08-24, 03:34 PM
I'm trying to adjust the start point of my leader line in a custom Section Tag. Due to company standards, I increased the size of the Section Tag Head (both in the radius of the section mark lines and the font size). When the Section Tag is loaded into the Project Template, the leader line does not start at the boundary of the Section Tag Head i.e. it is not "trimmed". I understand that it is reading some origin point, centered within the Section Tag Head, but don't understand why it doesn't seem modifiable. I read in an earlier post to use invisible lines to establish a new boundary, but this doesn't seem to work (it also seems a moot point considering the Section Mark Line boundary is already in place).

SEE ATTACHED JPEG for Illustration.

Thanks for the help,