PDA

View Full Version : Families - Can I put Masking Regions in a Sub Category?

saeborne
2009-06-03, 08:06 PM
Hi All,

As the subject suggests... Within a family, can I put masking regions into a sub category?

I know there is a visibility parameter for the Masking Region, that I can link to the family parameter. But, I need the flexibility to show the masking region in some views, but not others. Not all or nothing.

Subcategories seem to be a terrific way to do this with other geometry. Can't seem to get Masking Regions to respond in the same manner.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to control the visibility of a family masking region on a per view basis?

Thanks in advance...

Bryan

azmz3
2009-06-03, 09:09 PM
looks like you are not able to assign it to a subcategory since a masking region is a symbolic element. you could just add a visibility parameter to it, and make it an instance parameter that you can control in each view.

jonhiatt
2009-06-03, 09:21 PM
Instance parameters aren't view specific. Turning a instance visibility parameter off in one view will turn it off in all views since this controls the actual presence of it in the 3D model.

lhanyok
2009-06-03, 09:26 PM
Could you use subcategories on the objects you're trying to mask?

Scott Womack
2009-06-04, 09:56 AM
Could you use subcategories on the objects you're trying to mask?

That is what the OP was asking, if the masking region could be placed on a subcatagory, and the answer is unfortunately a simple no. There may be other work-a-rounds possible, but no direct way to control the masking region by view.

tomnewsom
2009-06-04, 10:12 AM
Could you put the masking region inside another family and nest it? Just thinking out loud here...