PDA

View Full Version : "Fail to Open File" warning when Saving

wcaramella
2009-06-04, 09:37 PM
I am helping out a team on a dead line, and one of the members keeps having trouble.

After saving down a new local copy of the central file which is about 145M, opening only selected worksets, he was able to work for most of the day. He had a crash this morning, but did not loose too much work. Now he tried to save, but got a warning "Fail to open file". I clicked OK and then another warning "File not Saved" appeared. This happened when I saved local as well as saved to central.

Any thoughts out there?

W

twiceroadsfool
2009-06-05, 03:14 PM
Is there any reason the local file they created would be marked as Read Only? Do they have sufficient privileges to write to the directory on the network where the Central File is located?

Try a save as, and create a new local on the Local Machine. If that succeeds, shut down Revit and restart the computer, and then open that new local and try SWC again. Ive seen it happen when machines ran low on system resources or memory...

wcaramella
2009-08-28, 07:07 PM
Sorry not to get back sooner,

the issue was exactly that, the machines were running low on system resources or memory. We basically did what you advised.

Thanks,

WC