PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong here?

nsinha73
2009-06-04, 09:45 PM
If you see the pic. These are Two windows, both were created from one single Window (did a save as)
Once is '1 bay' the other is '2 bay' However, you can see the one is under the wall line weight, and the other is over the wall line weight...
What could i be possibly doing wrong?....Thanks

tomnewsom
2009-06-05, 11:23 AM
If you see the pic. These are Two windows, both were created from one single Window (did a save as)
Once is '1 bay' the other is '2 bay' However, you can see the one is under the wall line weight, and the other is over the wall line weight...
What could i be possibly doing wrong?....Thanks
I think in one window you're seeing symoblic lines for the window frame. In the overlapping one, you're seeing an actual cut through a 3d frame. Check the visibility settings of your frame objects in your families...

Andre Carvalho
2009-06-05, 01:53 PM
I would check the view range inside each window family and make sure they are the same and reflect the view range you want in your project. That's because even if your project's view range is set to cut at level 4'-0" but your window family view rage is set to cut at, let's say 6'-0", it will show like that in your project. Then because your walls are being cut at 4'-0" and one of your windows is set to be cut at 6'-0" it will show like its edges are on top of the edges of your wall...

Andre Carvalho