PDA

View Full Version : CAD link rotates arbitrarily upon reload???

jj mac
2009-06-05, 05:54 PM
I have a survey CAD file I have set up and cleaned up in CAD. I link it in, create my site boundary, rotate true north and then had to make a couple of changes to the CAD file... so I make the changes and reload it.

Upon reload, the CAD file rotates all by its self. The ghosting of the CAD boundary appears as though true north is still correct but the content of the CAD file rotates back to its original position...

The information provided by the "new" project base point object also still tells me the angle to true north is correct.

Any ideas? Does it seem like CAD or Revit!?!?

PS.. it's in RAC2010

jeffh
2009-06-05, 06:01 PM
Are you doing anything with export to ADSK when you see the rotation happening? I have seen some issue around export to ADSK like this.

jj mac
2009-06-05, 06:03 PM
Thanks Jeff.

I am not exporting to ADSK...

Andre Carvalho
2009-06-05, 06:20 PM
Hi there, see my post in the following thread:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=102405

It is about linked files moving or rotating from their original position after someone open them and save the changes.

Andre Carvalho

Gadget Man
2009-06-07, 04:38 AM
Hi there, see my post in the following thread:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=102405

It is about linked files moving or rotating from their original position after someone open them and save the changes.

Andre Carvalho

Andre, this is a brilliant tip (in this referenced thread)! Thank you!!! Did you actually post it in the Tips and Tricks? It's certainly worth it...

Andre Carvalho
2009-06-07, 06:53 PM
Andre, this is a brilliant tip (in this referenced thread)! Thank you!!! Did you actually post it in the Tips and Tricks? It's certainly worth it...

Thanks Jerry! To answer your question, I didn't post it (and never posted any tips) on the Tips and Tricks sub forum. I always think people already know all tips and tricks I know, and therefore I don't post them... Maybe I should start doing so. ;)

Thanks again. :beer:

Andre Carvalho

Gadget Man
2009-06-08, 01:37 AM
... I always think people already know all tips and tricks I know, and therefore I don't post them... Maybe I should start doing so...

Andre,

Look at it this way: even if most users would know it, there are always some users who don't and can benefit from the tricks posted there. And more tricks is there, more people will be willing to share theirs - to benefit of all...

I strongly encourage everybody to share their tricks there.

Merlin
2009-06-08, 05:42 AM

I strongly encourage everybody to share their tricks there....

Amen! I agree totally!