PDA

View Full Version : REVIT changed how it recognizes room limits

wmullett
2009-06-08, 12:37 PM
I have a hotel prototype project that was 2008 - then converted to 2009 which has groupings of room furniture. The furniture is all scheduled in a filtered schedule by room number for each type of room.

Everything was fine in 2008 and seemed to be fine in 2009 but suddenly, the furniture schedules are all out of whack. Two different things have happened. In some rooms. REVIT includes furniture from the room above. I can "fix" these by adding a room offset to these rooms from the floor above. However, on some rooms, REVIT will not include the furniture at all. The only fix here seems to be to move this furniture up - off the floor, then REVIT will include it. Even if I un-group the furniture, REVIT still will not show these items in the room even though they are. Checked in section and element values. Furniture is on the floor - offset 0 - I entered, rooms have no bottom offset - 0.

The Rooms are right - the furniture is right and it was working last week. WHAT's UP? - Any ideas?
Thanks

cliff collins
2009-06-08, 01:16 PM
Can you filter the schedule by Level?

just a thought.......

cheers.

DaveP
2009-06-08, 01:52 PM
Did something happen to the Ceiling of these rooms, or the Floor above?
Check the Upper Limit of the rooms as well as the Limit Offset. The upper limit is often set to some default dimension, and then is clipped off by the Ceiling. If the Ceiling then disappeared, the Room could leak into the Level above.

wmullett
2009-06-08, 02:18 PM
OK - Here is an update ... and not a good one.

It seems REVIT was corrupted on my machine. The schedule is correct on other machines. I rebooted my machine and it was still wrong - even when opened from the central file.

I only noticed this incorrect schedule by accident. This really bothers me. No warning - no other apparent errors - I didn't seem to corrupt the central file, yet if I had published from my machine, I would have had incorrect data.

HOW CAN I TRUST THE PROGRAM NOW?

BIMTom
2009-06-08, 02:59 PM
HOW CAN I TRUST THE PROGRAM NOW?

You don't.

You check it's work the same way you check a person's work. To do any less is shirking your own professional responsibility.

DaveP
2009-06-08, 03:06 PM
Had you made a new Local File recently?
They can get out of date with the Central, but I've never seen one corrupt data before.

wmullett
2009-06-08, 05:43 PM
Final update - the issue has been resolved. We have tested this out on several machines. It seems that the last build of REVIT 2009 creates this problem. It was only after installing that did we have problems.

My concern now is does this same problem happen in 2010 and if it does, does AutoDESK know about it. I will be upgrading this project as a test.