PDA

View Full Version : how to draw this style of walls/ windows

PHUOCCC
2009-06-10, 03:04 AM
sorry, maybe this can be posted somewhere, but im in hurry , so i made a new thread to ask

here, these images, i dont know how to draw something like these, sweep along spline ??? or something ?

im new to revit, and need a tip / a tutorial link for this, thank you

blackqube
2009-06-10, 08:27 AM
First picture
Regarding walls.
To made something like this You need at least three types of same wall. one per each floor, and one for gfloor.
In my opinion it is better to ad such a profiles using Modify>>>>Host Sweep>>>Wall sweep. Before this You have to provide such a profile - create the family for this.
and about windows, arc arcs not the problem, You can modify existing window, look for it in the internet. ,
Second Picture.
Arcs and columns - use solid sweep, and solid blend , and for details, solid blend with the proper material (ornaments). Simple and very fast. Of course if You have a time and powerful machine You can draw all of this details by hand, but it is not necessary.

I;m pretty sure other will have another opinion about this, but I will be doing this - this way

Regards!
K.

tomnewsom
2009-06-10, 09:03 AM
Well those are two quite different styles of window! For the first type, I would use Sweeps inside the window family to model the window surrounds. The cornice lines on the wall I would model as hosted sweeps on the wall. Modify the return angle at the window edges to make the sweep return at 90 degrees.

I think that using the help files to teach yourself how to use the Family editor etc. would be a good way to go. Models like these are good examples of projects to learn on.

PHUOCCC
2009-06-10, 09:52 AM
thanks blackqube and tomnewsom, i got the idea

jarosa
2009-06-10, 09:52 PM
Well those are two quite different styles of window! For the first type, I would use Sweeps inside the window family to model the window surrounds. The cornice lines on the wall I would model as hosted sweeps on the wall. Modify the return angle at the window edges to make the sweep return at 90 degrees.

I think that using the help files to teach yourself how to use the Family editor etc. would be a good way to go. Models like these are good examples of projects to learn on.

Ditto.
For the second image, I would make three separate families (generic model). One for each set of windows. I just hope you are still not in a hurry, cuz this is going to take some time. But when you do it, you should definitely post your rendering here and at RevitCity.com.

PHUOCCC
2009-06-10, 11:18 PM
yes, im in hurry, my graduate project need some kind of these
Im reduce lots of detail :D , but helper's idea (multi-wall ...) is great, especially for newbie (like me)