PDA

View Full Version : Close Hidden button doesn't update

clog boy
2009-06-10, 11:01 AM
So here's the deal. As someone who always has multiple projects and/or families open and often uses ctrl-tab to switch window, it's essential for me to use the CH command to Close Hidden Windows.
The View tab now has a button to do this, and I wasn't sure whether the shortkey was assigned so I tested it. The button didn't grey out. Yet the active window was the only window open for that project.
I opened another window and tested the shortkey. Button still doesn't grey out but the shortkey did in fact close the hidden window. Fortunately the button doesn't go wonkey if I press it at such time anyway.

Anyone found similar behavior?

William Troeak
2009-06-10, 03:45 PM
In Revit Architecture 2010 "CH" is no longer the quick key for "Close Hidden". But you can always assign this as a quick key.

RobG
2009-06-10, 08:38 PM
funny i don't ever remember it being "CH" i'd always set it personally to "CA" for "Close All" and everytime i did so it was blank. interesting.

William Troeak
2009-06-10, 09:01 PM
Your right now that I think about it I changed my quick keys for the close hidden....anyway in 2010 you can also assign this as a quick key as I agree it is much faster then selecting the icon from the ribbon.

Scott Womack
2009-06-10, 09:14 PM
If you open multiple windows in one project, you can then add this to the QAT.

clog boy
2009-06-11, 08:10 AM
I like the CH assignment - it's quick and I can do it thoughtless. It's not even an option for me to mouse such a mundaine task.

Anyway I've now seen when it does update, when clicking the project browser or reactivating the ribbon. Point is it doesn't update instantly. Just thought I should mention. I don't have the View ribbon active all that often so meh.