PDA

View Full Version : Scale parameter in families

mmiles
2009-06-10, 03:23 PM
I have a nice revolve which i used for a post (baluster) family, and have used it to define a handrail. I have a need to create the same baluster at a 25% increase in overall size (height and diameter). the scaling part is simple, but I end up with a 2nd family.

I was wondering if it is possible to create a parameter to control the size of my Revolve. IThat was I could have multiple types, in one family. If yes, then can anyone provide tips on how to make it work? Thanks.

azmz3
2009-06-10, 03:34 PM
What i would do, instead of making a 2nd family, would be to copy that revolve within the same family, scale it up, and ad a visibilty parameter to it so that you can toggle it on and off as you need, so when one comes on, the other turns off, and vice-versa. This would keep it in one family, but still give the ability to have the different scales shown as needed.

j_p_rogers
2009-12-16, 04:46 PM
visibilty parameter to it so that you can toggle it on and off as you need, so when one comes on, the other turns off, and vice-versa.

azmz3, I was just wondering whether you could tell me how to write the formula to enable this to happen. I'm guessing it is an IF formula but I wouldn't know where to start.

Cheers
J-P

Dimitri Harvalias
2009-12-16, 05:03 PM
You use conditional (yes/no) parameter to control the visibility of each version.
Check out the last post in this thread for an explanation of how this works.
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=108298&highlight=visibility+parameter