PDA

View Full Version : Annotation Symbol

mr6jam
2009-06-11, 04:32 PM
Is it possible to have the annotation symbol move with the host family horizontally but not vertically?

I am trying to have the symbol show in plan even if I move the cutplane below the mountingheight of the fixture. Right now, I cant get the symbol to show in plan when the cutplane is at 3'. Does anyone have any ideas?

See attached

Thanks.

Andre Carvalho
2009-06-12, 02:35 AM
I added a vertical invisible model line to your family (see attached) that will serve as 3D element to be cut, doesn't matter the height of your cut plane.

That said, the problem with your family was that when it was above the cut plane, nothing was being cut and therefore there was not to show...

Andre Carvalho

mr6jam
2009-06-12, 07:35 PM
That works well! Thank you, the only thing with this is that now, the elevation field (in element properties of the electrical fixture) must be set to zero in order for the invisible line to remain attached to the floor. The gripe with this is that we would like to be able to put accurate information into this "Elevation" field about what elevation the bottom plate is located at. Sometimes we survey spaces and would like to denote the actual elevation into the revit file. Is this still possible? or do I just have to live with it?

Thanks,

twiceroadsfool
2009-06-12, 07:43 PM
The "Elevation" versus "Height" parameter debacle is one that Revit users have been facing for a VERY long time. Especially when you consider:

1. We cant schedule "Elevation." We CAN (however) schedule a Shapred Parameter "Height."

2. There isnt a way (that i know of) to stop a user from using both Elevation AND Height, which leads to issues in data fidelity.

3. I *think* using the "MOVE" command will (by default) edit the Elevation, and not the Height (obviously).

Its been an issue that has been ongoing for some time. So you sort of have to pick one side of the street (ford or chevy) and get the office to stick with it...

tanweer.dossa
2009-07-14, 06:37 PM
I am working in Revit MEP 2009 and I am running into the issue that when placing a electrical receptacle which are about 6" apart from eachother the annotation symbols overlap on plan. Is there a way to move the annotation symbol seperately from the model or another annotation symbol. My electrical receptacle is made of 3 parts....1 annotation symbol for the plan...1 annotation symbol for the elevation...and 1 solid extrision for model.

I have attached my electrical receptacle family if anybody would like to try to solve this issue.

Regards,

Tan

wmullett
2009-07-14, 08:22 PM
What about adding a simple parameter that will allow you to manage the location of the symbol as I have done in the attached. Note that by placing the base reference far to one side, the symbol can be placed to either side of the real location.