PDA

View Full Version : Linked File Cannot Be Saved - What does this mean?

cadman6735
2009-06-11, 08:39 PM
Every now and then we come across this error message, which as far as I can see does not cause us problems, just an annoying dialog box keeps popping up.

Error message:

You cannot save the linked file (File Name.rvt) because it has changed in more than just shared coordinates, which can invalidate local files owned by you.

Shared location seems to be fine, the only thing I can think of is we sometimes choose "custom" under VG for Revit Links to control the view of the linked elements. But I really have no clue, just a guess.

Can someone educate me on this error message.

Thanks

Andre Carvalho
2009-06-11, 08:51 PM
Please, read my post on the following thread:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=102405

The thread is about something else, but I mention this case as well, as the solution is the same for both cases.
Let me know if you have any more questions.

Andre Carvalho

cmolina
2009-06-11, 09:12 PM
We get this message quite often too. In this particular case it does not have to do with linked .dwg files but with linked .rvt files. We have several revit files linked into one model. When we're in this model which has the other files linked into it, this message will pop-up. Sometimes it pops up with the message for each of the linked models, and sometimes the message is only for one or two of the models. I have not found a solution for what is causing this or how to stop getting this message. We have not experience any problems caused by this message other than it being annoying.

cadman6735
2009-06-11, 09:59 PM
Andre

Everything you say from your other thread falls into place with what we are doing and experiancing.

DWG linked in and being changed on a regular basis.

I am 100% sure the Arch and MEP guys won't do the double xref thing.

But at least it is not a mistory any more.

Thanks for the information and education.