PDA

View Full Version : building elevation tags in reflected ceiling plan

ntnik
2009-06-12, 03:45 PM
it took me a second to figure it out....my building elevation tags are turned on but are not evident in my plan (i just started the model)....i went to an elevation view and clicked on "find referring view" and was directed to RCP...i'm confused i need to put THOSE elevation tags in my floor plan too

Andre Carvalho
2009-06-12, 04:27 PM
Try selecting the light bulb (at the bottom) and see if the elevation marks on the floor plan will reveal. Maybe they were manually hidden and therefore the VG will show it as visible but they won't show. And because they don't show, the Find referring views won't point to the floor plan.

Andre Carvalho

ntnik
2009-06-12, 05:03 PM
i did and its blank (no tags)...and there is nothing hidden temporarily

Andre Carvalho
2009-06-12, 05:26 PM
Alright. Two more options to try then:

1) Your elevation tags have a property to hide at scales coarser than XXX. Check that against your view scale.

2) Make sure your crop region is not cropping out your elevation tags.

Andre Carvalho

ntnik
2009-06-12, 05:37 PM
neither worked.....but, i had taken my plans and changed them to "existing" to start my phases on the renovation job....i noticed when i changed them to "new" they show up

Andre Carvalho
2009-06-12, 05:47 PM
...but, i had taken my plans and changed them to "existing" to start my phases on the renovation job

Phases.... It is amazing the number of options we can oversee when trying to solve an issue with Revit, isn't it?

I'm glad you got it working.

Andre Carvalho

ntnik
2009-06-12, 07:48 PM
i never noticed it worked like that before....i guess if i put an elevation tag in the "existing" elevation...i get a straight up "existing" elevation then.

i must have just duplicated elevation views previously and altered the "phasing" of the view and gotten what i needed