PDA

View Full Version : Transmitting Multiple Linked Files

greg.mcdowell
2009-06-12, 08:27 PM
Due to the symmetrical nature of our project we decided to break the exterior shell into a series of discreet files with the idea that once we're done with the bulk of the design (lots of design options) we'll bind the links into the main model and continue as normal. So far so good.

The problem now is how we send the project to our consultants. Unlike linked DWG files if Revit can't find the RVT file it removes it unloads it from the project. That's too bad cause it's exactly what I want. The only way I can see to include these files is to manually select them from the file structure and include them when we send out the file to the consultants and inform them that they'll need to repath the links as appropriate.

Is there a better way? I know we're going against the grain of the "one model to rule them all" approach but I'm hoping there's something I'm missing. - Thanks.

twiceroadsfool
2009-06-12, 08:31 PM
There is no issue with using multiple files and sending them to consultants. Its *unloading* the Links, but that isnt *removing* the links. Just send them all of the files, and they can Link all of them in to their Model as well...

They arent working IN your model, are they? If they have their own model, they can just link in your different pieces one at a time, to a path that they save them on their network. If (for whatever reason, even though i dont advise it) they need to open your model, they simply need to go to Manage Links and hit Reload From, and pick their local path where they saved the models.