PDA

View Full Version : Workset overides

Tom Weir
2004-11-01, 08:28 PM
Yo,
We are not real experienced using worksets and seem to have gotten into a jam. I got a new workstation and traded my old one to Jorge. I renamed the user in Windows. Then I also renamed his old workstation for another user.

Now when the first user tries to edit his job it will not open the workset because he is not the right user. I went back and tried to rename the user back to what it was but it is not working. It's as if the old user name was not completely changed in Windows.

So now we are stuck with an unopeneable workset.

My question: is there a way to overide the workset permission in some way to release it from that user name, or any user name?

Thanks and have a great day....

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

LRaiz
2004-11-01, 08:40 PM
Have you examined Settings | Options | General | Worksets Username ?
Does it state intended names on both computers? This field could be used to impersonate others.

Tom Weir
2004-11-01, 11:21 PM
Leonid,
Thanks for the tip. We're not quite sure how we resolved it... but after several tries resetting the username on the old machine, we finally were able to get the workset in question relinquished.
Thanks again and have a great day.....

Tom Weir
Brandow & Johnston Associates
Los Angeles

hand471037
2004-11-01, 11:42 PM
Yeah, the name that someone is in Revit has *nothing* to do with the windows login. It's Revit-only, and there is no 'lock' on it. Someone can change there name at any time to anyone else's and then check-in/check-out their work...