PDA

View Full Version : How do you handle mulitple raster images

Andre Baros
2004-11-01, 09:01 PM
When you go to the Object Styles dialog, Raster Images disappears so you can't create subcategories. How else?

We're trying to trace a site from several overlapping but incomplete scans (Arial photos, surveys, old surveys, maps, etc.) and need a quick way to pick which raster image is turned on. What's the best way to do this?

Thanks,

sbrown
2004-11-01, 09:04 PM
Its an all or nothing choice. Raster images are view specific, so you would need multiple views and place the raster images in one view, then copy paste them to the others and delete all but one in each view.

beegee
2004-11-01, 09:07 PM
I would use model lines for the tracing, and then duplicate your view and load the next raster image into the duplicated view and continue that process. Raster images are view specific.

Andre Baros
2004-11-01, 09:26 PM
Thanks, we ended up using the Temporary Hide/Isolate to turn off the raster that was causing the most problems.

Andre Baros
2004-11-02, 08:52 PM
Hide/Isolate only works until you go to print... at which point everything shows back up again. Is there any way to only print 1 raster and not the rest? Deleting and re-inserting the image every time we print in not an option.

Thanks,

Scott D Davis
2004-11-02, 09:02 PM
Warning: Work-around Ahead!

Do you have AutoCAD? If so, Start a new DWG, insert your image file on a layer, and save. Link the DWG into Revit, and now you can control the Visibiltiy of the layer that the image is on in the Visibility/Graphics Dialog.

Andre Baros
2004-11-02, 09:59 PM
Thanks but I can't suggest that just now, this is for a principal who is still asking if Revit is really finished yet. It's hard to say use Revit, but keep using AutoCAD just now.

Right now my work around is to create a separate plan with each raster that needs to be printed inserted onto it's own plan with everything else turned off. For the working drawing you can keep using the Hide/Isolate tool in the plan that has the model turned on. For printing, you turn the rasters off in your working file and create your overlay in the sheet file by inserting two plans on top of each other, on with the model, and one with the raster. This still doesn't let you crop, but it does let you print only the selected image while still working with a bunch of others.