PDA

View Full Version : White filled regions

Mr Spot
2004-11-02, 12:59 AM
I had setup in version 6.1 all our white fills to cover unwanted areas with the following settings:

Pattern: No Pattern
Background: Opaque
Colour: White

Now it appears this doesn't block out anything... Also if i change it to a solid fill it actually goes over the top of my titleblocks...!

Anyone else experiencing this?

beegee
2004-11-02, 01:21 AM
Yes, definitely different behaviour between 6.1 and 7.0.

Could well be a bug.

Factory ??

Mr Spot
2004-11-02, 01:25 AM
To further explain my use of this, I have radial dimension where the centrepoint is located off the sheet. Unlike version 6.0, you could dimension to items outside of the crop region and still have the dimension show. With v6.1 and now 7.0 if the item is outside of the crop region the dimension will not show.

So my method is to simply white out the unwanted information...

vmichl
2004-11-02, 06:20 AM
I had setup in version 6.1 all our white fills to cover unwanted areas with the following settings:

Pattern: No Pattern
Background: Opaque
Colour: White

Now it appears this doesn't block out anything... Also if i change it to a solid fill it actually goes over the top of my titleblocks...!

You have to set the Solid fill pattern now - sounds more logical to me.

Vladimir Michl, www.xanadu.cz

jarod.tulanowski
2004-11-02, 01:19 PM
I also think it is more logical than the old way, instead of it being a bug, now it works haha It does suck to fix old drawings though.

Martin P
2004-11-02, 01:25 PM
I also think it is more logical than the old way, instead of it being a bug, now it works haha It does suck to fix old drawings though.

solid white was the pre 6.1 way to wipe out areas, but exports of it didnt work....

Does it now mean white in revit 7.0 = nothing exported in Autocad export? this is an improvement if so. If not we have basically lost a wipeout tool that exports properly...... And I have a load of families that I need to mess about with, including some nested ones. Not good, "None" with opaque should still wipeout, it should not have changed like this.

aaronrumple
2004-11-02, 02:36 PM
No. Solid fills export as solid fills. You can't do the opaque no fill as you did in 6.1.

This one item will keep our office from moving to 7.0 as we use this in many families and need clean exports for our MEP.

Not a happy camper.

(Any comments from the factory on this one?)

beegee
2004-11-02, 09:10 PM
The other problem with a white solid fill is , as Mr. Spot pointed out , they also hide any title block information that they cross when placed on a sheet.

The previous " no pattern" fill did not do this.

FK
2004-11-02, 10:37 PM
We are looking into restoring 6.1 behavior, so don't update things unless you have to.

aaronrumple
2004-11-03, 11:42 PM
Woo Hoo.....

narlee
2004-11-20, 02:05 AM
This is a continuation of an R7.0 issue that Mr. Spot first brought up. I've sent it to the factory.

The issue is that filled regions actually overlay (and thus) obscure titleblocks. They also obscure Viewport titles.

I've noticed that adjusting the crop region prevents this, whether or not the crop region is "visible". For me, this will take care of most of the instances, except where an "unrectangular" (help with this word! ha, ha) won't fit the bill.

Hope this helps.
Geof Narlee.

Edit: Thread Merged.

mikefields27
2004-12-02, 04:34 PM
i must say it was with great sadness that I had to go back and reinstall 6.1 on our machines. It was blocking out the notations on our sheet views.

I suppose it is the price one pays at the forefront....