PDA

View Full Version : Stacked Wall Cleanup

tonyisenhoff
2009-06-17, 07:44 PM
We continue to have trouble with stacked walls cleaning with other walls properly...

In this particular case, two stacked walls (vertical walls) are not cleaning properly with a basic wall (the horizontal wall). Once I get one side to cleanup (by using the trim command), the other side is broken. If I trim the other side, the once cleaned side is now broken... It's a viscious circle!

1.png shows it cleaned on once side and not the other.
2.png show it after I trimed the unclean side...
3.png show the once basic wall converted into a Stacked wall (made up of only 1 basic wall)
4.png show it looking correct (all stacked walls).

Why is it that some areas clean fine and other areas (exactly the same) don't. Very frustrating.

Also - we're very early on, so we have no roofs, nothing is attached and we don't want to "Break Up" the walls due to potential changes. I've also tried wall joins with no luck.

Any thoughts?

eric.piotrowicz
2009-06-17, 09:24 PM
With enough playing around I was able to clean up a few similar problems with stacked walls in one of our project. But they ended up uncleaning again shortly afterward. I even pinned/locked them once they had been cleaned up and they would jump back to some random partial join condition on thier own dispite the pin/lock.
Unfortunately I never did find a good solution, instead I disallowed join on the offending wall ends and got them close and called it a day. Stacked walls have been problematic for as long as they have been available and to my knowledge they aren't a high priority to fix.

Gadget Man
2009-06-18, 10:04 AM
... Any thoughts?

Well... yes... You just have provided the simple solution to it - change the offending wall to the stacked type and be done with it...

Quite frankly, once such a simple solution (workaround) is found I wouldn't dwell too much on it anymore...

lev.lipkin
2009-06-18, 01:55 PM
Please post your simplified model(s) here or send to Support for investigation. Thank you for your help and sorry for your trouble with this issue.

tonyisenhoff
2009-06-18, 03:26 PM
lev,

Attached the simplified model with the area in question clouded.

Here are the element ID's of the objects that don't clean properly:

When I replaced the horizontal basic wall with a stacked wall (and it cleans up) - I used this wall: Stacked Wall: Test for cleanup. All it is is a stacked wall made up of 1 basic wall.

Thanks for the support. Hope this help you trouble shoot these types of issues. Please contact me with further questions.