PDA

View Full Version : Working with linked files

cadman6735
2009-06-18, 09:08 PM
I have a situation where my MEP guys have linked in the Arch Revit model into there MEP model.

As a company standard (not sure if it is an industry standard, I am relativly new to Architecture and how things are commonly done)

But anyway, as a company standard the electrical guys have always put lights and switches (power devices) on one sheet that they call the Power Plan. In this power plan they can see all the ceiling lights and floor lights and all the switches in between.

The situation is we can set the view range to show all of the elements we desire except for the ceiling grid where the ceiling lights will be located.

Is there anyway to get the ceiling grid to show up in a Floor Plan View?

Thanks

twiceroadsfool
2009-06-18, 09:44 PM
Underlay > First Floor > RCP?

dgreen.49364
2009-06-18, 10:03 PM
As far as I know, you cannot get the ceiling grid to show up in a floor plan. You may have to resort to something ugly like exporting the ceiling view to Autocad and importing that back into the floor plan view.

cadman6735
2009-06-18, 10:20 PM
Twice, I looke at your suggestion but I could not get it to work.

I turned underlay orientation to Reflected Ceiling plan and monkeyed with the view range.

I will keep at it until I something happens.

Thanks Twice

DeGreen

Thanks for the great idea. It is ugly and less desired but it will work

Thanks

dgreen.49364
2009-06-18, 10:32 PM
Actually...I just went back to a file and tried what Twice suggested and it worked just fine. Learn something new every day.

twiceroadsfool
2009-06-19, 02:33 AM
You have to remember with underlays... Its not underlaying a VIEW, it is underlaying a LEVEL. So sometimes its tough to get things to show up the way we think they should in an underlay.

Frankly, i wish they would just make it so VIEWS of the same scale/orientation could be underlayed under one another, with a full palette of VG/VP settings for that underlay.