PDA

View Full Version : I seem to have self-masking elements!!

ppirtle
2009-06-19, 04:41 PM
I noticed that my pan joists seemed to be missing in some of the plots (see "Plan Zoomed Out.jpg"). Sure enough, they weren't displaying correctly in Revit. On zooming in, however, they were showing up (see "Plan Close Up.jpg").

Zooming in even closer (see "Pan Joist Thin.jpg"), I noticed the lines looked odd. So, I played with line weights a bit, and saw that there seemed to be a solid, thick white line masking the middle of the lines. If I select the pan joist in the plan, the WHITE line is what gets highlighted.

Any suggestions? TIA.

Andre Carvalho
2009-06-19, 04:57 PM
I loaded your family on a blank file, attached to some concrete columns and all seems to be working fine. Do you have any CAD background showing there? If yes, try checking if its lines are not overlapping your beam lines.

Andre Carvalho

ppirtle
2009-06-19, 05:56 PM
Andre -
Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any CAD background showing there?
Andre Carvalho

No, there's nothing attached. This isn't even a real project--it's just a quick experiment with obtaining quantity takeoffs. Just in case it's helpful, I've uploaded the file to our ftp site: ftp://mka.com/outbox/Garage.rvt

Andre Carvalho
2009-06-19, 07:01 PM
I downloaded your project and could see the problem.

So I edited your pan joist family, went to "Category and Parameters" and switched the option Display in hidden views from "Edges hidden by beam itself" to "All edges" (or "Edges hidden by other members", if you prefer).

This solved the problem.

Andre Carvalho

ppirtle
2009-06-19, 07:15 PM
Andre -

We managed to come up with the same solution. Even so, the line thickness looked a little "off," and I found that, if I zoomed in very close, it's still displaying two lines. If I go to "thin lines," it only displays a single line.

However, this will let us avoid having the lines not plot at all. It sounds like a bug that needs to be sent to Autodesk. Many thanks for your help!!