PDA

View Full Version : Turn off callout boundary and leader?

ROBinHI
2009-06-20, 07:03 PM
Is there a way to turn off the callout boundary and leader only to show the callouts detail bubble? Couldn't find a setting anywhere and hoping there is some sort of workaround.

Thanks.

d.stairmand
2009-06-21, 01:35 AM
How about making them both white? so you can't see them on the plot?

patricks
2009-06-22, 02:49 PM
Only problem with that method is that any other lines that the callout boundary crosses appears to have a small break in the line.

Andre Carvalho
2009-06-22, 04:10 PM
The other problem with that is that you are hiding it to your eyes only, but the information is still there. Exporting to CAD for instance will reveal them back on the DWG...

Andre Carvalho

btrusty
2009-06-22, 05:21 PM
might not be the quickest or cleanest solution.

but if you want you can export to autocad, then delete the lines and leave the label for the box.
then print to pdf or actual printer from there.

i had to do that for a special line type in autocad since revit does not seem to like linetypes with letters in them... (e.g. a fence)

ROBinHI
2009-06-23, 07:45 AM
Sounds like this requires a work-around and there is no built-in function to turn it off then?

I think the problem I have with this method is I just want to do it for one or only a few callouts not all.

Thanks for the suggestion.

btrusty
2009-06-23, 01:21 PM
could be worse

i found one day that you cannot make a section within a "detail" call-out
though you can make one within a "floor plan" call-out

sadly, if you make a drawing a "detail" when you made it, you have to make a new one and copy all the details between the two views if you find the need for a section later in the design process / CDs.