PDA

View Full Version : The loneliness of the Sketch Profile tutorial...

r.c.russell
2009-06-21, 08:55 PM
Hello again,

I'm following the families tutorial p.245 creating a window frame from a solid sweep. Following the instructions I get the path drawn and constrained, I understand this is the vector along which my 'sketch profile' will travel once I've determined its perameters in a view perpendicular to the path. But when the tutorial asks me to select a 'ref plane' and 'sketch profile' those options are not present on the design bar.

After banging my head on the screen for a bit, I find that you don't select 'sketch profile' in the 'design bar', you pick 'edit' in the 'options bar'... I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Are these touchstone points in the tutorials intended to stimulate inquisitive exploration, or was it a mistake, perhaps referring to an older way of doing things? I'm consumed by mystery, but relieved that I found the way forwards, I thought I was going to be stuck on p.245 for ever!

r.c.russell
2009-06-21, 10:23 PM
A quick question for you: When I apply predefined parameter based dimension labels through the option bar drop down menu in sketch mode, the leader does not activate (whether the leader box is ticked or not). Is this a recognized problem, and if so is there a way around it?

jeffh
2009-06-23, 09:00 PM
... or was it a mistake, perhaps referring to an older way of doing things?

The Families Guide was just updated for 2010 and I hope this issue was fixed. Or are you using the 2010 version of the Families Guide?

r.c.russell
2009-06-23, 10:32 PM
The thing is I'm using Revit 2009.

r.c.russell
2009-06-25, 10:02 AM
A quick question for you: When I apply predefined parameter based dimension labels through the option bar drop down menu in sketch mode, the leader does not activate (whether the leader box is ticked or not). Is this a recognized problem, and if so is there a way around it?

Further on I realise that you just wiggle the label around until the leader appears...